Are you ready for some football?
I come from the land of blue and white….it’s Colts country. A few people had requested for me to post some game-worthy snack food. I didn’t have to think very hard about which one I wanted to post first.
This recipe came from a vegan only website. I had seen it a while back, and I was inspired to try something completely different. But then I decided to adapt it to a vegetarian version, and now you can adapt it to a carnivorous version if you feel like it. We’re coming full circle here.
Anyways, I made this for a game a few weeks back. Honestly? I was eating it before I put it in the oven to heat through. It’s that good.
***Sidenote: It may not be the prettiest food to serve, but it tastes pretty awesome. I served it to some very strict carnivores. (very strict). They loved it. Hopefully you will, too.
Buffalo “Chicken” Dip
Servings: 4-ish, but it will go fast
1 package Morningstar (or your preferred brand) vegetarian “chicken” patties
1/3 cup mayonnaise (I used low-fat)
1 tablespoon lemon juice
3 ounces of crumbled blue cheese
Salt and pepper, to taste
8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
1/4 cup Frank’s Red Hot sauce (love this stuff……)
Celery or crackers (whatever you want to serve the dip with…..)
1. Prepare your “chicken” patties according to package directions and set aside to cool.
2. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
3. In a medium bowl, combine the mayonnaise, lemon juice, blue cheese, and salt and pepper.
4. Stir in the cream cheese and hot sauce (I used a hand mixer on low speed).
5. Once the “chicken” is cooled, cut into small bite-size pieces (or whatever your desired size is…) and fold into the dip mixture.
6. Transfer everything to a small casserole dish and bake for 10 minutes.
7. Serve with celery, potato chips, crackers, or whatever you want.
Adapted from C’est La Vegan.