This is just one of those recipes that you need to have in your back pocket at all times. Everyone has a favorite chocolate chip/M&M cookies recipe, and everyone seems to have a favorite peanut butter cookie recipe. I needed one with both ingredients…in pure and simple heavenly cookie form. I looked through several recipes, but I found the winner over at Pennies on a Platter. I opted for a thinner cookie (I used butter as the main fat in the cookie as opposed to shortening), and they still were soft, chewy, and completely tasty. We were in the midst of the first major snow storm up here in New England, and I was headed over to a friend’s house later that night to watch some movies. I knew these cookies would be a big hit, and they were. They were still warm from the oven when I took them over….and seriously, is there anything better than a cookie still warm from the oven? Especially one with M&M’s and peanut butter in them? You could add in pretty much any other kind of candy or nut in these cookies as well-the cookie dough holds up really well. Did I mention they taste fantastic? 😉
Peanut Butter M&M Cookies
Servings: about 24 cookies
1 and 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 tablespoons milk
1 and 1/2 cups M&M’s
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Line two rimmed baking sheets with parchment paper; set aside.
3. In a large bowl, combine the flour, salt, and baking soda, whisking until combined. Set aside.
4. In the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream the butter on medium high speed until smooth, about 1 minute.
5. Add the sugars and peanut butter, mixing until smooth, about 2-3 minutes.
6. Reduce the mixer speed and add the egg, vanilla, and milk, mixing until completely combined.
7. Using a rubber spatula, gently stir in the M&M’s.
8. Drop the cookie dough by rounded tablespoons onto the prepared baking sheets and bake the cookies until lightly golden around the edges, about 10 minutes. Let cool completely.